Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour, pudding mixes, ginger, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies(9)
Sort By :
My daughter chose this as her first try at cutout cookies and a first attempt at gingerbread for us both. The dough was easy to work with, easy to cutout and kept a pretty good shape when baking. They taste very good and most important, they stay nice and soft!! Friends enjoyed them too. They made next year's list for our Christmas cookie bake-a-thon!
Easy and delicious, family loved them!
I made this as a drop cookie and it turned out rich in flavor, soft, and absolutely perfect! I only had to bake them closer to 15 minutes because the dough was very thick. I will def make these again.
Used melted white chocolate chips for "icing" and dusted very lightly with powdered sugar. Beautiful! Great alternative to sugar cookies for cut-out cookie recipe.
I made these last year but put buttercream frostin between and made them like a cookie sandwich. They were a big hit. I'm making them again this Christmas to give to friends.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Desserts >
- German Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Gingerbread Cookies >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >