- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Combine the flour, pudding mixes, ginger, baking powder and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with lightly floured cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Gingerbread Cookies
Sort By :
"These were good. Nice spin on traditional gingerbread cookies."
"I really like the flavor of these cookies. Traditional cut out cookies often lack flavor, but that's not a problem with this recipe."
"These sound good! I read this tip which might help: "Roll the dough out on parchment paper, cut out, lift unused dough from around the cookies and transfer to cookie sheet on the parchment paper. Don't used wax paper, it will burn.""
"Pretty good. I liked the taste."
"I followed this recipe to a "t", refrigerated the dough for over an hour but when I rolled it out on a more than "lightly" floured surface, I could not get the cutouts to lift off for anything. Started over adding more flour before rolling out and no better, even tried freezing the dough for bit.... very frustrating! Ended up just throwing the whole thing away... too bad because they sounded so good!!!"