Butterscotch Fudge Bars
You can't go wrong with this dessert. Everyone will savor these homemade treats. The trick is to eat just one!—Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until
- smooth. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Stir
- in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir
- into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool
- on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 278 calories, 15 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.