Butterscotch Fudge Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in chips.
- 2. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 slice: 278 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Fudge Bars
"One of my favorites"
"A little on the sweet side (what w/ butterscotch chips isn't?) but tasty and nice texture. Quick & east to make. Might try adding nuts next time."
"I think this would be really good made with peanut butter chips as well!"