Butterscotch Fudge Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in chips.
- 2. Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 278 calories, 15 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Fudge Bars
"One of my favorites"
"A little on the sweet side (what w/ butterscotch chips isn't?) but tasty and nice texture. Quick & east to make. Might try adding nuts next time."
"I think this would be really good made with peanut butter chips as well!"