You can't go wrong with this dessert. Everyone will savor these homemade treats. The trick is to eat just one!—Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Fudge Bars in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p49
Reviews for Butterscotch Fudge Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2010
"A little on the sweet side (what w/ butterscotch chips isn't?) but tasty and nice texture. Quick & east to make. Might try adding nuts next time."
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2009
"I think this would be really good made with peanut butter chips as well!"