You can't go wrong with this dessert. Everyone will savor these homemade treats. The trick is to eat just one!—Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture until blended. Stir in chips.
- Spread into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 22-27 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Fudge Bars in Taste of Home December/January 2005, p49
Reviews for Butterscotch Fudge Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2015
"One of my favorites"
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2010
"A little on the sweet side (what w/ butterscotch chips isn't?) but tasty and nice texture. Quick & east to make. Might try adding nuts next time."
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2009
"I think this would be really good made with peanut butter chips as well!"