Folks of all ages will enjoy dipping into a pot filled with this yummy concoction from our Test Kitchen. The combination of brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk and toffee bits has lovely flavor. Use it to cap off a meal...or serve it as a sweet snack.
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn
- syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove
- from the heat. Stir in toffee bits and vanilla. Keep warm. Serve
- with cake and fruit. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 156 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.