Folks of all ages will enjoy dipping into a pot filled with this yummy concoction from our Test Kitchen. The combination of brown sugar, sweetened condensed milk and toffee bits has lovely flavor. Use it to cap off a meal...or serve it as a sweet snack.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Angel food cake cubes and fresh fruit
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, brown sugar, milk, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in toffee bits and vanilla. Keep warm. Serve with cake and fruit. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Butterscotch Fondue in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p19
Reviews for Butterscotch Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review