Butterscotch Eggnog Stars
These yellow star-shaped cookies with a "stained-glass" center are almost too pretty to eat! But they have a rich eggnog flavor that is irresistible. Although they take a little time and patience to prepare, they're worth every minute!
18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup crushed hard butterscotch candies
- OPTIONAL ICING:
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons eggnog
- Yellow colored sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg and eggnog. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and
- nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide dough
- in half.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion at a time to
- 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-1/2-in. star cutter. Cut out
- centers with a 1-1/2-in. star cutter. Line baking sheets with foil;
- grease foil.