If you like the sweetness of butterscotch chips, you'll enjoy this warm rum-flavored fruit dip from Jeaune Hadl of Lexington, Kentucky. "I serve it with apple and pear wedges. It holds up for up to 2 hours in the slow cooker," she notes.
12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 2 packages (10 to 11 ounces each) butterscotch chips
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- Apple and pear wedges
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine butterscotch chips and milk.
- Cover and cook on low for 45-50 minutes or until chips are softened;
- stir until smooth. Stir in pecans and extract. Serve warm with
- fruit. Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 197 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 32 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.