As a change from the more traditional chocolate fondue, try this rich, buttery version. You can make it in advance, refrigerate it and reheat when ready to serve.
Recommended: 25 Slow Cooker Recipes to Bring to Your Next Potluck
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with fruit. Yield: About 1 cup.
Originally published as Butterscotch Fondue in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p182
Reviews for Butterscotch Dessert Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review