Butterscotch Delight Recipe
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cut butter into flour; stir in the finely chopped walnuts. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 3. In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with the remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with coarsely chopped walnuts. Chill until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 344 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Delight
"Love the desert although I use one box Butterscotch and one Vanilla instant pudding, as two butterscotch seemed a little over bearing in flavor for our family. Have passed this recipe on to many friends and family members. Definitely a FIVE STAR desert......"
"I came across this recipe years ago from one of my taste of home magazines and has become one of my main dessert recipes for almost all holidays , especially Easter. With so much to prepare for holiday meals, I forgot to make it one time and boy did my 11 year old grandson let me know about it! He was so looking forward to it. I made it the next day and took it to him."
"This went over well on my dessert buffet."
"My sister & I used to make this using chocolate pudding in place of the butterscotch. Never any leftovers! Also, if you're in a hurry & don't have time to make the crust, this works really well with two pre-made graham cracker crusts"
"i've haven't tried this recipie yet, but i certainly will. it looks delicous. my grandmother made something like this and i have been wanting the recipie. i love taste of home. ;-)"