Butterscotch Delight Recipe
"This creamy layered dessert is popular whenever I serve it," reports Barbara Edgemon of Belleview, Florida.
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cut butter into flour; stir in the finely chopped walnuts. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- 3. In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with the remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with coarsely chopped walnuts. Chill until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 344 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC