"This creamy layered dessert is popular whenever I serve it," reports Barbara Edgemon of Belleview, Florida.
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.5 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cut butter into flour; stir in the finely chopped walnuts. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened. Spread over cream cheese layer. Spread with the remaining whipped topping; sprinkle with coarsely chopped walnuts. Chill until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Delight in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p65
Reviews for Butterscotch Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review