Butterscotch Date Cookies
Butterscotch has always been my favorite flavor, so when I found this recipe, loaded with butterscotch plus dates, it was a winner. The warm golden tones and crispy crust make it a very nice cookie for autumn.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped dates
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Add sour cream; beat just until combined.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in butterscotch chips and dates.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake
- at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 197 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.