Butterscotch Date Cookies Recipe
Butterscotch has always been my favorite flavor, so when I found this recipe, loaded with butterscotch plus dates, it was a winner. The warm golden tones and crispy crust make it a very nice cookie for autumn.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped dates
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add sour cream; beat just until combined. Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in butterscotch chips and dates.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned and set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Date Cookies in Reminisce Extra November 2006, p53
Reviews for Butterscotch Date Cookies(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review