Butterscotch Coconut Squares
My former boss used to prepare these sweet morsels for her staff at Christmas. When I got the recipe, I was thrilled to discover they're not hard to make.
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Grease a 9-in. square pan with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In
- a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt the butterscotch chips, peanut
- butter and remaining butter until smooth. Cool for 20 minutes. Stir
- in marshmallows just until combined (do not melt marshmallows). Pour
- into prepared pan; sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate, uncovered,
- for 2 hours or until firm. Cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 square equals 123 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.