Butterscotch Chocolate Cake
This cake can be made ahead. A moist cake is covered with rich butterscotch ice cream topping, whipped topping and crushed candy bars.—Shelley McKinney, New Castle, Indiana
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 jar (17 ounces) butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), coarsely crushed
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using a
- greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 12 holes in warm cake.
- Pour butterscotch topping over cake; cool completely.
- Spread with whipped topping; sprinkle with candy. Refrigerate for at
- least 2 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-16