- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2-1/2 cups salted cashew halves
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the butterscotch chips, corn syrup, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Spread over crust. Sprinkle with cashews; press down lightly. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Butterscotch Cashew Bars
"Oh my, these are good! My husband told me that I had to get them out of the house and never make them again because he couldn't stop eating them. ;-) A very easy recipe that will impress others."
"This recipe has become an annual Christmas Cookie for our family! We love the combination of butterscotch and cashews. It is also quick and easy to make!"
"If I recall correctly, I'd made this recipe when it came out & the results were delicious! Dawn E. Lowenstein"
"Warning, you'll like them tooooo much!"
"Since first seeing this recipe , I have made it 3 or 4 times, and it continues to be requested by my family and friends. I made it for a barbecue in the summer and I'm making it for Christmas.It is a great year round recipe...We all love them and they are not hard to make!"