The old-fashioned flavor of these butterscotch candies appeals to kids of all ages. My family can't stop eating them!
120 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1
- teaspoon butter; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, vinegar
- and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve any sugar
- Uncover; cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads
- 300° (hard-crack stage). Remove from the heat. Pour into
- prepared pan without scraping the saucepan; do not spread mixture.
- Cool for 1-2 minutes or until candy is almost set. Using a sharp
- knife, score into 1/2-in. squares; cool completely. Break squares
- apart. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 pound.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 22 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.