Butterscotch Brownies Recipe
A great portable treat, brownies get an extra-special rich flavor butter-scotch chips and marshmallows in this recipe from Lois Culberson of Shelbyville, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and butter at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and butterscotch mixture. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butterscotch mixture (batter will be thick). Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 3. Spread into a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 259 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC