A great portable treat, brownies get an extra-special rich flavor butter-scotch chips and marshmallows in this recipe from Lois Culberson of Shelbyville, Illinois
Featured In: Top 10 Butterscotch Dessert Recipes
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a microwave, melt butterscotch chips and butter at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, vanilla and butterscotch mixture. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually add to butterscotch mixture (batter will be thick). Fold in marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread into a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Brownies in Country Woman November/December 2000, p21
Reviews for Butterscotch Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review