Most people have butter, eggs and vanilla on hand, and those ingredients are all you'll need to turn this mix into a panful of butterscotch brownies. —Macey Allen, Green Forest, AR
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer flour mixture, pecans, brown sugar and butterscotch chips in the order listed. Cover and store in a cool dry place up to 3 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups mix).
- To prepare brownies: Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until just melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in eggs and vanilla until blended. Gradually add blondie mix, mixing well. Spread into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Brownie Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p189
Reviews for Butterscotch Brownie Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review