- 1 cup soft bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the egg. Whisk in the butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt if desired. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread cubes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Bread Pudding in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p295
Reviews for Butterscotch Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2010
"Goes together quickly and easily, and smells fabulous in the oven. I added cinnamon chips and used left over raisin bread."