- 1 cup soft bread cubes (1/2 inch)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Place bread cubes in a greased 2-cup baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the egg. Whisk in the butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt if desired. Stir in raisins. Pour over bread cubes.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Butterscotch Bread Pudding
"Goes together quickly and easily, and smells fabulous in the oven. I added cinnamon chips and used left over raisin bread."
"My husband made this yesterday using homemade raisin wheat bread. He added extra raisins and poured the liquid into the bread for better mixing. It was delicious and didn't last long. Put maple syrup or ice cream on it for an extra treat."