Ordinary rice cereal treats get special treatment with the addition of butterscotch flavors.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
18 ServingsPrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir
- over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in
- pudding mix until blended. Stir in cereal. Press into a greased
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a 3-in. bone-shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes. In a shallow
- microwave-safe dish, heat the butterscotch and vanilla chips with
- shortening at 50% power until melted; stir until smooth.
- Dip bottoms of bones into melted butterscotch mixture; place on foil.
- Place some mixture in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag if
- desired; cut a small hole in a corner of bag and pipe designs over
- bones. Let stand until set. Gently remove from foil. Yield: 1-1/2