- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in pudding mix until blended. Stir in cereal. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using a 3-in. bone-shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes. In a shallow microwave-safe dish, heat the butterscotch and vanilla chips with shortening at 50% power until melted; stir until smooth.
- Dip bottoms of bones into melted butterscotch mixture; place on foil. Place some mixture in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag if desired; cut a small hole in a corner of bag and pipe designs over bones. Let stand until set. Gently remove from foil. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Bones in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun 2008, p29
Reviews for Butterscotch Bones(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bar Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Jello Pudding Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >