Butterscotch Bonanza Cookies
These cookies store well for about 2 weeks in an airtight container. So when you have some time to spare, make a batch and enjoy them for days to come.
72 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolks, one at
- a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking
- soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir
- in almonds.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form;
- fold into dough. Shape into four 9-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic
- wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/8- to 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on
- greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until
- edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.