- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in almonds.
- In small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into dough. Shape into four 9-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/8- to 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
Originally published as Butterscotch Bonanza Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p92
Reviews for Butterscotch Bonanza Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2010
"Dough extremely crumbly and hard to work with, but a tasty cookie and the recipe makes a LOT!"