Butterscotch Bliss Layered Dessert Recipe
Four easy layers come together for a fantastic treat that's perfect for cooling down summer nights. Take this to a gathering, and we bet you'll bring home an empty dish! —Janice Vernon, Las Cruces, New Mexico
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:24 servings
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk, divided
- 2 packages (1 ounce each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, half of the sugar substitute and butter. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup milk and remaining sugar substitute until smooth. Spread over crust.
- 3. In another bowl, whisk remaining milk with the pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Gently spread over cream cheese layer. Combine whipped topping and extract; spread over the top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 24 servings.
1 piece equals 136 calories, 8 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC