Butterscotch Basketball Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Paste food coloring
- 1. In a microwave, melt butterscotch chips; cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Beat in melted chips. Gradually add flour; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-1/2-in. gingerbread man cookie cutter and a 3-in. round cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 5-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, combine shortening, water, flour and vanilla in a bowl; mix well. Gradually beat in sugar. Place 1 cup frosting in a plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe shirt and shorts on players. Fill in outline and smooth with a metal spatula. Tint 1/4 cup frosting black; place in a plastic bag. Pipe lines on round cookies to create basketballs; pipe hair, eyes and noses on players. Tint 1/4 cup frosting red; pipe a mouth on each player. Tint remaining frosting to match team colors of your choice; pipe around shirts and shorts and add a letter on shirts if desired. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 each: 352 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (34g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Butterscotch Basketball Cookies
"These are so cute! Go Wildcats!"
"I love basketball i average about 20 points a game!"