Butterscotch Bars Recipe
I put three recipes together to make these great bars-they really satisfy the sweet tooth.
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (10 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, oats and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips and pecans. Reserve 2 cups. Spread remaining dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine filling ingredients; beat until smooth. Spread evenly over crust. Crumble reserved dough over filling.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-42 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 438 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC