Butterscotch Banana Drops
Most folks are surprised to learn that banana is the secret ingredient in these soft cookies. My grandmother shared the recipe with me some 30 years ago, and I've relied on it ever since.
66 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chopped dates
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually
- add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Beat in bananas. Stir in
- the oats, pecans, butterscotch chips and dates.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 11 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 97 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium,