Butterscotch Applesauce Cake
"The Butterscotch Applesauce Cake goes into the oven first," Evelyn notes. "Its pretty golden topping is loaded with goodies, including pecans and butterscotch chips."
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups (12 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and applesauce;
- mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to
- creamed mixture. Stir in raisins. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Sprinkle with chips, sugar and pecans. Bake at 375°
- for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 396 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 258 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.