Get ready to dish out second helpings of this sweet treat. It's chock-full of fun ingredients like peanuts, marshmallows, apples and raisins.—Susan Strout, Cheney, Washington
Recommended: Diabetic Dessert Recipes for the Holidays
- 3 cups diced red apples
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant butterscotch pudding
- In a large bowl, combine apples, marshmallows, peanuts, pineapple and raisins if desired. Combine whipped topping and dry pudding mix; fold into fruit mixture and mix well. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Apple Treat in Country Woman September/October 1997, p37
Reviews for Butterscotch Apple Treat
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2011
"This is one of our favorite apple salads/desserts.My husband rarely finishes the peanuts in the container of Mixed Nuts so I always save them for this recipe. I have used several different types of apples and have also used pineapple tidbits instead of crushed for more texture. Although this seems like a fall favorite I make it in the Spring as well and use pastel colored marshmallows to garnish the top to make a colorful presentation.You can also tint the whipped topping yellow or light green."
Reviewed Feb. 12, 2009
"You can easily make this with fat free pudding and whipped topping."