Butterscotch Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 large)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. Place apples in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 422 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 248mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Butterscotch Apple Crisp
"I live in Mexico, here is difficult to get cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix, what can I use instead?L camb"
"One of my favorite crockpot recipes. Easy too!"
"Easy to make. Had it cooking when the guys came in for lunch. The smell made them fininsh the project up with great speed so they could ENJOY. ENJOY, they did ! Thanks for your recipe."
"This sounds yummy. Might have to try this soon."