- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 large)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Butterscotch Apple Crisp
"Very easy and very good! Love having the ease of a crockpot dessert and the house smelled yummy! Served with ice cream but I am sure it would be good plain or with whipped topping :-)"
"We love this recipe! I work afternoons so I usually make dinner before I leave, this is a great way for my family to have dessert too. I doubled the topping and served with ice cream. Everyone loved it."
"Aside from peeling all the apples, this recipe is quick and easy! I love the crock pot aspect. It filled my home with wonderful smells, too! It got rave reviews at our church dinner. I'll devinitely be making this again. I doubled it very easily for my large crock."
"I live in Mexico, here is difficult to get cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix, what can I use instead?L camb"