This sweet treat is a cozy way to warm up winter nights. Sliced apples are sprinkled with a tasty topping made with oats, brown sugar and butterscotch pudding mix. Served with ice cream, the dessert is always well received. —Jolanthe Erb, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- 6 cups sliced peeled tart apples (about 5 large)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place apples in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, oats, pudding mix and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apples.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until apples are tender. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Apple Crisp in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p27
Reviews for Butterscotch Apple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review