Butterscotch Apple Cake
"My family often requests this easy old-fashioned cake for get-togethersespecially in the fall," writes Beth Struble from Bryan, Ohio.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped (4 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well
- blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking
- soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into sugar mixture until
- blended. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- chips. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil
- during the last 10-15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.
- Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.