- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped (4 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chips. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10-15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Butterscotch Apple Cake
"This is absolutely the BEST cake I have ever made. I did omit the butterscotch chips and used a caramel frosting and it turned out super!!! I will definitely make this many times."
"Due to some of the comments here, we have reviewed this recipe again and apologize that the original baking time was incorrect. The correct time is 55-60 minutes. The recipe has been updated.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"I make this every fall for our soccer snack shack. People ask for the recipie."
"Loved this recipe!! Delicious!"
"very good and really moist!"