- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped (4 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chips. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10-15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Butterscotch Apple Cake
Sort By :
Due to some of the comments here, we have reviewed this recipe again and apologize that the original baking time was incorrect. The correct time is 55-60 minutes. The recipe has been updated.
Taste of Home Test Kitchen
I make this every fall for our soccer snack shack. People ask for the recipie.
Loved this recipe!! Delicious!
very good and really moist!
I had the same problem. The edges where the cake is cooked is delicious, but I've tried this several times, even increasing the bake time to an hour and a half, and nothing has worked. I might try using a 15 in. pan?