"My family often requests this easy old-fashioned cake for get-togethers—especially in the fall," writes Beth Struble from Bryan, Ohio.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped (4 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with chips. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 10-15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Butterscotch Apple Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p65
Reviews for Butterscotch Apple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review