Butterscotch Angel Cake Recipe
“I found a recipe similar to this in a cookbook and make up my own variation,” notes Karen Grant of Tulare, California. She adds, “My husband always chuckles at me, because I seldom make a recipe as it is called for-I always think I have a better tasting way!”
- 8 slices angel food cake
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 8 scoops butter brickle or butter pecan ice cream
- Butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1. Place cake slices on a greased baking sheet. Brush with 6 tablespoons butter; press 1 tablespoon brown sugar onto each slice. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly.
- 2. Turn slices over; brush with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until bubbly. Cool for 2-3 minutes. Serve with ice cream; drizzle with butterscotch topping. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC