- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (3/4-inch cubes)
- 2 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook shallots in oil over medium heat until tender. Stir in the broth, squash, potatoes, water, thyme and pepper.
- Place cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag. Stir into soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in turkey; heat through. Discard spice bag. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Butternut Turkey Soup(2)
Sort By :
Blah. No flavor. Had to use lots of salt and pepper at the table.
Excellent flavor. I subbed reg onions for the shallots, powdered cloves (mixed in w/onions) and fz tky meatballs for the meat. Was able to prep vegetables beforehand to save time. Flavor was outstanding and it's easy to make!
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >