Butternut Turkey Bake Recipe
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place cut side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until tender. Scoop out flesh; mash and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the croutons, salt, poultry seasoning and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until croutons are toasted. Stir in the squash, turkey and broth; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Butternut Turkey Bake
Sort By :
"More like a side dish than a main dish, but tasty nevertheless. We ate it from a bowl and it was a warming and cozy dish."
"wow that was so tasty. i went on net with squash and turkey...found this site and this recipe,didn't have a clue what poultry seasoning was..do now! thank you so much for this great site. from a friend across the ocean in 'rainy England'! love it so did my 24 and 25 year old sons xx"
"We were surprised at how good this was! I had searched ingredients in the Taste of Home website Advanced Search that I had on hand and this is the best recipe that came up."
"Made it for our residents at an assisted living communty and they loved it, thanks for the recipe"