- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, squash, sweet potato, honey, flour, salt and spices. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack; serve within 2 hours or refrigerate and serve cold. If desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Butternut-Sweet Potato Pie in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Butternut-Sweet Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 10, 2014
excellent pie for the sweet potato lover!
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2013
This pie is one of the best holiday pies I have ever made! It is a huge crowd pleaser!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Mother's Day Dessert Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes >
- Pie Crust Recipes with Butter >
- Pie Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Comfort Food Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Desserts >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Squash Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >