Butternut-Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, squash, sweet potato, honey, flour, salt and spices. Pour into pastry shell.
- 3. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack; serve within 2 hours or refrigerate and serve cold. If desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without whipped cream): 373 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Butternut-Sweet Potato Pie
"Terrific pie!! Everyone loved it!"
"excellent pie for the sweet potato lover!"
"This pie is one of the best holiday pies I have ever made! It is a huge crowd pleaser!"