If you're looking for a memorable dessert, this custard-like pie will certainly fit the bill. It's super easy to put together and slices like a dream. —Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup mashed cooked butternut squash
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cloves
- Whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, squash, sweet potato, honey, flour, salt and spices. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack; serve within 2 hours or refrigerate and serve cold. If desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Butternut-Sweet Potato Pie in Taste of Home December 2013
Reviews for Butternut-Sweet Potato Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2014
"Terrific pie!! Everyone loved it!"
Reviewed May. 10, 2014
"excellent pie for the sweet potato lover!"
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2013
"This pie is one of the best holiday pies I have ever made! It is a huge crowd pleaser!"