For a wonderful fall side dish for any meal. The squash has so much flavor with the brown sugar and allspice.Salem Cross Inn, , West Brookfield, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 6 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the squash with butter, brown sugar, salt,
- allspice and pepper until blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 177 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.