Butternut Squash Recipe
- 6 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the squash with butter, brown sugar, salt, allspice and pepper until blended. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 177 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Butternut Squash
"hard to find recipes for butternut squash"