For a wonderful fall side dish for any meal. The squash has so much flavor with the brown sugar and allspice.—Salem Cross Inn, , West Brookfield, Massachusetts
- 6 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the squash with butter, brown sugar, salt, allspice and pepper until blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Butternut Squash in Worldwide Country Tours Country Miler March/April 2008
Reviews for Butternut Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review