VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place squash in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the squash with butter, brown sugar, salt, allspice and pepper until blended. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Butternut Squash in Worldwide Country Tours Country Miler March/April 2008
Reviews forButternut Squash
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2010
"hard to find recipes for butternut squash"