- 1 cup Kashi whole grain pilaf
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- Place pilaf in a 4-qt slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the squash, broth, onion, water, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until pilaf is tender, adding spinach during the last 30 minutes of cooking. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Butternut Squash with Whole Grain Pilaf in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p22
Reviews for Butternut Squash with Whole Grain Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review