Butternut Squash Supreme
To take advantage of delicious fall produce, I often prepare this rich-tasting side dish.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place squash in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until very
- tender. drain well and place in a large bowl; mash. In another bowl,
- combine the eggs, cheese, onion, milk, salt and pepper; add to the
- mashed squash and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker
- crumbs. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45
- minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 209 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.