To take advantage of delicious fall produce, I often prepare this rich-tasting side dish.
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place squash in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until very tender. drain well and place in a large bowl; mash. In another bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, onion, milk, salt and pepper; add to the mashed squash and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Butternut Squash Supreme in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 2003, p48
Reviews for Butternut Squash Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review