- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place squash in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until very tender. drain well and place in a large bowl; mash. In another bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, onion, milk, salt and pepper; add to the mashed squash and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Butternut Squash Supreme(5)
Sort By :
Excellent! So easy, and the flavor is perfect.
This recipe was so easy and great! Was a huge hit and there were no leftovers! Would absolutely make it again.
This is my familys favorite butternut squash recipe. Tonight will be the 3rd time I have made it and this will be the second Thanksgiving
I thought it could use more pepper, but I didn't think it was dry at all. I also would either use onion powder and/or garlic powder because the chunks of onion don't cook well so they've got a strong bite. Either that or saute the onions & garlic first and then incorporate everything else. But you do need to kick the spices up a notch.
Bland, would not make this again. Maybe 2 cups of chedder and some spices might make this interesting, but as is, it was dry and bland.